Saturday, March 7, 2009

Suggestive Sounds

Cape Town is in the grip of a heat wave. The city is baking. Not a breath of wind is lifting the air. It’s as if someone has laid a blanket over a geyser and tucked us in there too. I awoke this stifling, sticky Saturday morning to furtive shuffling sounds as my boyfriend tip-toed back into the bedroom (Oh sweet – he’s trying not to wake me!) and then a couple of seconds later, a muffled glass clinking and the welcome sound of water being poured. I opened my eyes a crack. He was pouring water from one glass into another. “How lovely!” I thought “He’s brought me a glass of water because it’s so hot!” I opened my eyes fully and smiled.
Anguished face.
“You’re not supposed to wake up! I’m trying to see if the sound of water will make you pee!”
Hmm.


Anyway, I am late for a walk on the beach with E. And then some coffee. Or a croissant. Or an ice-cream. Yay! The day is shaping up to be a good one! Especially since the boyfriend’s dastardly plan didn’t work. Lucky for him…

1 comment:

  1. that is just wrong on so many levels, but i won't judge ya, i'm wronger on more levels most of the time :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
The contents and images on this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.