Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Visas and Visas and Visas Oh My!

This was written on Monday but I didn’t have time to log onto Blogspot and post it. This is the first time I’ve had time to do it. My life is in mad disarray right now….

I'VE BEEN A BAD BLOGGER!!!!!!

For so long I have not written! I do apologise and I shall take any comments of "Oh, it’s ok - we didn't even notice" to be in the spirit of "Look, we're just being polite to make you feel better" instead of "No really. Honestly. We didn't notice." My first excuse is that the boyfriend (N) came back after his protracted three week (well it felt like a long time to me…) trip to the UK. So I've been spending some time with him and neglecting my evening blogging. My second is excuse is OmigodIhaveSoMuchToDoForMyTripAndIAmNotGettingToItAndIAmFullOfPanic.

One of my friends asked me what I will be doing for Easter this year.
Easter?
Ha. 
To the accompaniment of a bitter snort, I informed her that I will be doing nothing much. Well, unless you count a weekend of sorting, filing, packing, throwing out, organising, boxing, selling, advertising and general panicking. There will be no Easter Bunny this year.
It will instead be the long weekend of organising my life so as to enable me to go away for a year. You see, I am not very far along in the quest of Packing Up My Life. Somehow, every time I start, Life seems to get in the way. Pesky Life...

The visa stuff is all consuming. I got up today at 5:30 and was at work by 6:30, because I needed to leave early to go to the Southern Suburbs and pick up my letter of employment. Even so, I only managed to clock up 7 hours at work. Now I need to put in some extra hours to make up for it, especially since on Wednesday there will be more time off. This time it’s because we have an appointment at the Italian consulate to apply for the Schengen visas. I have spoken on the phone to a very nice sounding man and asked him a bunch of questions about what we need to bring with us. He has been extremely helpful and kind thus far, and as a result I am quite taken with the Italians. I will let you know if I still feel this way after Wed....

Visa hunting is the number one priority right now. Everything else is taking a backseat. How I wish we had started this process earlier. If I work up the energy and muster up a shred of time in the next day or so I will update you on the tribulations of obtaining the dreaded Schengen visa.
So please, everyone, forgive me if I am neglecting you a bit at the moment. My time is not my own. I think that when N asked if I wanted to go away for Easter he was a little startled at the level of panic in my bleated NO!!!!

On a happier note, there was chocolate. To make up for the lack of Easter Bunny (yup it was an excuse) I bought N a big chocolate bunny last night. He threatened to do terribly dodgy things to the bunny ("But it's a BUNNY! That's what bunnies do!") until I threatened in turn to take it away and eat it all by myself. At that point decorum was restored and the bunny was saved from a fate worse than.... Well, worse than being eaten.

2 comments:

  1. hey, so when are you going?
    to italy?! are you going to the earthquake zone?!?!?!?!
    we don't talk anymore and i fear evern drinkies won't happen??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy first stop in Grand World Tour. Should be landing there on about the 19 May.

    I tried and tried and tried to schedule drinkies but you never got back to me with a date!

    And for sure we going to the earthquake zone. Well, if you mean Pompei and surrounds. I am very keen to check that out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
The contents and images on this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.