Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm Going To Ireland!!!

Okaaaaay! It’s been a few short days since my last blog post and much has happened. We left Paklenica and spent two days in Zadar. I found Zadar fairly boring, my complete lack of surprise. The old town is pretty. Just like every other Croatian old town. Churches, clock towers, restaurants, souvenir shops – ok, we’re done here…. And then I had a bit of a melt down one evening because tickets to Ireland and accommodation etc were going to be too expensive and I was going to be stuck in Croatia for the next three weeks with nothing to do and nothing to see and I was totally, desperately, head bangingly bored and miserable and had really set my heart on going to Ireland.
The next day I woke up and decided that although it is going to be ridiculously expensive, I am going to Ireland. I have now brought forward my ticket from Croatia to London and booked another return flight from London to Dublin. I found myself a 6 day tour of southern Ireland, with a group called Paddywagon and have booked myself onto that too. (Thanks for the idea Bron J!) I am really excited and looking forward to it. The only thing is that I will be going alone. N is not keen to do a group tour with other people and that, coupled with all of the extra expense, has convinced him to stay in Croatia as planned. He is not quite as desperate for greener pastures as I am.

I am flying from Croatia this Sat, arriving in Dublin on Sunday. I will be spending the Sat night in London to see one of my best friends from my varsity days. I’m really looking forward to that too. It has been way too long.

In between Zadar and now (we are in Pula at the moment) N and I drove to the Bijele Stijene and Vela Draga. Bijele Stijene is a beautiful set of mountains topped with white limestone features. Vela Draga is a valley with some climbing and more limestone. Vela Draga is home to some spectacular rock pinnacles. I will try and blog some more about them as soon as I can and even post a picture or two. I don’t have time right now. I would like to spend some time with N, since I am abandoning him for Ireland in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
The contents and images on this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.