Saturday, August 22, 2009

Croatia - Hakuna Matata

Hehe. Yesterday we experienced a karmic moment.
We got up when the sun hit the bottom of the tent and started to heat it up. We stumbled outside to greet the day and commenced puttering about the tent, tweaking things here and there. We were sitting on our pine log chairs and I felt the usual morning need to go for a pee. (The bathroom here is so far away that it’s too much of a mission to go during the night. Once you’re in the tent that’s it until morning.) I was just starting to get up from my pine stump when N, seeing what was about to happen, beat me to it by leaping up faster than I could and dashing off to the bathroom. We can’t go at the same time because we prefer not to leave the tent unattended with our computers and camera in it. Most put out, I had to settle back onto my pine stump to wait for his return. He left with me asking to him pleeeeeeze hurry, since I needed to go quite badly. Did he chivalrously offer to allow me to go first? Hell no! He gapped it, glorifying in the fact that he had been quicker than me. Humph. That’s what happens when a full bladder slows me down in the morning.

But the universe is funny. He had hardly been gone 5 minutes when our neighbour, a pretty brunette with an atrocious Aussie accent and a set of E cup breasts, took her top off. She changed her shirt outside the tent, and none too quickly either, with her rather impressive E’s on display for all to see, in their white lacy bra. No sooner had she put on another top than our neighbour on the other side (a French brunette) came out of the tent to eat breakfast. Clad only in her undies. since you ask, they were a pair of pink hotpants and a particularly sexy pink bra that revealed a good deal of cleavage.

When N came back he was unimpressed to hear about the display of boobs that he had missed. He was even less impressed when I reminded him that if he had let me go to the bathroom first he would have been the one to have witnessed it, and retired to his computer muttering grumpily about how I should have taken photos. Hehe – a fine example of Karma….

In a not-so-fine example of Karma, someone’s dog has pooped about 3 metres from our tent. Most unfine of all, the dog had clearly eaten something that disagreed with it, since the poop is not in a nice, neat pile that would allow it to be flicked out of the way. Oh no, it’s not solid…
N and I are both decidedly irritated about this. Damned dog owners that don’t clean up after their animals. It’s not the dog that’s the problem; it’s the dog’s people. They are definitely on the cull shortlist.

What with the incessant smokers and the new dog poo, this campsite is wearing a little thin. We will be departing on Monday. We would go tomorrow, but busses etc don’t run as frequently on Sundays. We’re trying to decide on a course of action for Monday. Given half a chance, N would have me off climbing. I keep having to wave my fat ankle at him and remind him that this foot is going nowhere vertical. The foot is, however, getting better. I can at least see that there is an ankle bone hiding in there underneath that puffy lump. And thanks to Doctor Helen for all the good advice. :-)
We might potentially take a ferry out to one of the islands just off Split. The one we like most (Vis) is a couple of hours journey though, so we're toying with the idea of spending a night or two on the island. Haven’t made up our minds yet, will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. No, most sorry. Very chastened.
    Will try to work on some pics soon.
    Finding it hard to fit in all the flight booking, travel research, facebooking, blogging etc Too few hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
The contents and images on this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.